Tea 101 Lesson 3
In the third lesson 5 teas were covered 4 new. As with opening any new tea the aromas were amazing. The notes sweet and earthy were hard to resist and tea being such a healthy beverage why even think of it.
Provided in the handouts was the recommended; temperature the water should be when brewing, times for steeping and the following observations on the notes were listed.
- Black CTC (cut / tear / curl) – Assam – Rich dark liqour, full bodied, full mouth feel, slight astringency.
- BOP (broken orange pekoe) – Assam – Rich dark liquor, malty strong flavours
- PF – Assam – Rich dark liquor, malt with creamy undertones
- Black Orthodox – Assam – Bright golden copper, smooth malt flavours
- SFTGFOP – Assam – Bright golden copper, malt with some floral undertones